We offer a variety of options to meet your level and needs:
- Standard courses in Greek language may be group or private lessons, intensive and flexible in our functional and comfortable space that offers breathtaking views of the Kapnikarea church and the Acropolis.
- distance learning courses wherever you are, accompanied by cloud-based studying material. We are able to support all popular platforms.
- guest speakers to give lessons on your premises.
- entertaining lessons group or private for groups or individuals who wish to learn the first basics of the Greek language, combined with parallel cultural events or activities located in Athens.
- trips and educational tours which include language lessons, events and various workshops and activities.
Our goal is, beyond the mastery of the Greek language, to create a favorable atmosphere for the discovery of Greek culture and to reinforce this discovery through the links that are woven in our community of students.
The key word is flexibility
Online Greek courses available 24/7 via easy-to-use and free of charge software (Skype, Zoom, etc.)
- Teaching on our premises in small units with a limited number of students (2 to 8 students only). The teacher can thus spend more time with each student and adapt the course to the needs of the students.
- We can start a group at any time and throughout a year.
- Those who have already learned Greek should undergo an evaluation in order to determine their level.
- Flexible hours and personalized training.
- We help participants to apply their communication skills of their mother tongue to the Greek language and culture. Oral skills is our priority: to learn to listen, understand and speak correctly with the correct pronunciation.
The ultimate goal is to bring participants to an effective level of communication, which requires a solid base of language skills and a real understanding of the cultural context. Through communication activities, as well as grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, and cultural exercises, each participant will learn to:
- understand, using real audio and video taken from movies, radio, music.
- talk, using role-plays, debates, social interactions, to live a real life in Athens; drama workshops including practical activities, with improvisation exercises to improve basic skills and eliminate inhibition; training in pronunciation, speech flow and gesture.
- read, analyze authentic texts from Greek newspapers and magazines, business, literature, government documents, etc.
- write, using various texts with communication objectives and precise linguistic development. Grammar is approached through language games and exercises.
Choosing the right level is important to improve your skills.
Lexi-Logos offers different levels of training: from beginners to advanced Greek speakers – everyone will find what they are looking for.
From the earliest stages of the learning process, immersion in Greek daily life is a crucial part of the training.
Communication with native speakers and understanding of the specific cultural background play a major role in the learning process.
Learn to express yourself in simple everyday situations.
Ελληνικά Τώρα 1 + 1 (Part 1) Ελληνικά Τώρα 1 (Τετράδιο Ασκήσεων)
Ταξίδι στην Ελλάδα 1
Upon completion of the first level, students are able to express themselves in the following situations:
- orally, using a simple and structured speech which allows daily communication,
- in writing, when they have learned only “present tense”, the students will, however, be able to form sentences using nouns, adjectives, personal, demonstrative and possessive pronouns, and basic vocabulary in singular and in plural.
2. Intermediate I
You will be able to communicate on familiar subjects and write simple texts related to your interests.
Ελληνικά Τώρα 1 + 1 (Part 2), Ελληνικά Τώρα 1 (Τετράδιο Ασκήσεων) Επικοινωνήστε Ελληνικά 2
Ταξίδι στην Ελλάδα 1
At the end of the second level, students of the Greek language are able to express themselves in the following situations:
- orally, they will be able to use a sufficiently developed discourse on a range of subjects going beyond everyday life.
- n writing, they will be able to express themselves in the past and future tenses, subjunctive, imperative and continuous forms. Students are now able to use hypothetical terms. They came into contact with more specialized categories of nouns and adjectives. At this level, a distinction can be made between different degrees of comparison as well as the construction of sentences using a wider vocabulary.
At the end of the level 2 and after having followed an intense preparation class, students have the right to take the exam organized by the Greek Ministry of Education to acquire the certificate of knowledge of the Greek language level A2.
3. Intermediate II
You will be able to understand the main ideas of a complex abstract text. You will be able to conduct an in-depth and technical discussion regarding your area of expertise. Interacting with native speakers is now an easy task.
Επικοινωνήστε Ελληνικά 2, Επικοινωνήστε Ελληνικά 2α (Τετράδιο Ασκήσεων)
Ταξίδι στην Ελλάδα 1
At the end of this third level, students of the Greek language will be able to express themselves in the following situations:
- orally, they will be able to understand the main ideas of concrete or abstract subjects in a complex text, including technical discussions in their specialty field. They are also able to interact with relative ease with native speakers.
- in writing, they will be able to use all active or passive tenses, incorporate a more varied vocabulary and refine their knowledge of nouns, adjectives, pronouns and connectors of irregular sentences.
At the end of the level 3 and after having followed an intense preparation class, students have the right to take the exam organized by the Greek Ministry of Education to acquire the certificate of knowledge of the Greek language level B1.
You will be able to understand a wide range of long and complex texts, speak fluently and use the language adequately for social and professional purposes.
Επικοινωνήστε Ελληνικά 3, Επικοινωνήστε Ελληνικά 3 (Τετράδιο Ασκήσεων)
Ταξίδι στην Ελλάδα 2
At the end of this fourth level, students of the Greek language will be able to express themselves in the following situations:
- in both spoken and written language, students will now be able to tackle a variety of subjects such as: today’s culture and society compared to that of Ancient Greece, different habits and customs, Greek diaspora, the country’s education system, bureaucracy, ecology and many others.
At the end of level 4 and after having followed our intense preparation class, students have the right to take the exam organized by the Greek Ministry of Education to acquire the certificate of knowledge of level B2 in the Greek language.
You will discuss in depth the sociolinguistic subjects. You will work with the chosen contemporary Greek literature masterpieces.
Learning material: press articles (politics, society, economy, traditions) and works of literature (19th and 20th centuries)
Ταξίδι στην Ελλάδα 3
At the fifth level, major thematic units on various subjects of interest (for example history, language, economics, politics, archaeology, sociology, etc.) are supported. We encourage our students to use their knowledge by discussing and practicing creative writing as well as opening up new perspectives with an enrichment of their vocabulary. Compact grammar chapters are incorporated to synthesize everything that has already been explained and practiced with the illustration of a much higher number of elements which correspond to different phenomena
At the end of the level 5 and after having followed our intense preparation class, students have the right to take the exam organized by the Greek Ministry of Education to acquire the C1 level knowledge certificate in language Greek or even level C2.
*All formulas of standard courses in Greek language may becan be integrated as part of continuing education (Greek program OAED-LAEK)